The Key to Mold Prevention is Moisture Control
The key to mold prevention is moisture control.
Mold will not grow if moisture is absent.
• Remove excess moisture with a wet-dry vacuum and dry out the building as quickly
as possible (preferably within 24 to 48
• Use fans to assist in the drying process.
• Clean wet materials and surfaces with
detergent and water.
• Discard all water damaged materials.
• Discard all materials visibly contaminated
• Remove and discard all porous materials
that have been wet for more than 48 hours.
Porous materials cannot be cleaned and
may remain a source of mold growth.
These materials include the following:
1. Carpeting and carpet padding;
2. Upholstery, wallpaper, drywall;
3. Floor and ceiling tiles, insulation materials;
Information used from osha.gov. For more details and information on this subject, visit the site above.