Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
The first thing to remember is to be extremly careful in a water damage situation in your home or business, you can never be too cautious.
- First and foremost decide if it is still safe to be in your home following water damage.
- Be aware of electrical situations and hazards.
- Be sure to shut your water off at the main source.
- Call professionals like SERVPRO of Vincennes if you are not sure what to do next and are in need of our assistance.
- The sooner your call us, the quicker the damage will be taken care of, and the more affordable to service will be.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (812) 895-0581
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.