Did your toilet overflow? Do you now have water damage?
Most people don't know that there are different types of water. Some types are completely harmless and other types are extremely dangerous.
Water damage can be classified by the three types of contaminated water. A SERVPRO of Vincennes professional will inspect your home or business to determine the appropriate plan of action for the type of water encountered.
Category 1: "Clean Water"
Category 1 water is from a clean source like a broken water supply line or leaking faucet. If not treated quickly, this water can turn into category 2 or 3, depending on the length of time, temperature, and contact with surrounding contaminants.
Category 2: "Gray Water"
Category 2 water is contaminated and could cause discomfort or illness. Examples include washing machine overflow; toilet overflow with some urine, but no feces; or dishwasher overflow.
Category 3: "Black Water"
Category 3 water is grossly contaminated and could cause severe illness or death if ingested and any contact should be avoided. Examples include flooding from rivers or stream, water from beyond the toilet trap, water from the toilet bowl with feces, or standing water that has begun to support microbial growth.
Did your office building flood?
SERVPRO of Vincennes is a family owned and operated business. However, we do have the help of all other SERVPRO teams if there is ever a large disaster. The SERVPRO Commercial Large Loss Division is composed of our best of the best in restoration. Our elite large-loss specialists are prequalified and strategically positioned throughout the United States to handle any size disaster.
Every large loss is supervised by a commercial operations manager to help ensure seamless communication and timely mitigation.
At SERVPRO, the difference is our ability to dispatch trained production professionals and cut costs through the strategic placement and oversight of temporary labor.
Past Clients for the Commercial Large Loss program include the following:
- The Hospitality Industry
- Property Managers
- The Pentagon
The SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team can provide help whether you're dealing with a tornado, hurricane, blizzard or flood. The SERVPRO System has a network of strategically positioned storm teams on standby should a disaster strike near you. Available 24 hours a day and 365 days a year, SERVPRO is prepared for the unpredictable. Call on us.
Do you need a Mold Estimate?
SERVPRO of Vincennes is happy to give estimates to those living in Vincennes, IN, Washington, IN, Princeton, IN, Bicknell, IN, Freelandville, IN, Odon, IN, Petersburg, IN, Oakland City, IN, Fort Branch, IN, and Haubstadt, IN, and surrounding areas. With our mold estimates we do charge an estimate fee. The fee is applied to your bill.
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Fire Damage and our Restoration Process
Every fire damage event is a little different, and requires a unique solution, but the general process stays the same. The steps listed below illustrate our process for the "typical" fire damage emergency.
Step 1: Emergency Contact- The restoration process begins when you call the SERVPRO National Call Center, which staffed 24 hours a day. Our representative will ask a series of questions regarding the fire damage event and dispatch you to the correct contact.
Step 2: Inspection and Fire Damage Assessment- Our team will carefully inspect and test adjoining rooms of your property to determine the extent of the fire, smoke, and soot damage. This step is crucial to developing a plan of action.
Step 3: Immediate Board-Up and Roof-Tarp Service- Fire damage can often compromise windows, walls, and roofs. To maintain security and to protect against further damage, our SERVPRO team can board up missing windows and walls and place tarps on damaged roofs.
Step 4: Water Removal and Drying (if water damage is present)- The water removal process begins almost immediately and removes the majority of the water. They will then use dehumidifiers and air movers to remove the remaining water and complete the drying process.
Step 5: Removal of Smoke and Soot from all Surfaces- Our team uses specialized equipment and techniques to remove soot from ceilings, walls, and other surfaces.
Step 6: Cleaning and Sanitizing- Our team will clean all of the restorable items. We have multiple cleaning techniques to restore your belongings to pre-fire condition.
Step 7: Restoration-This is our final step, getting everything into pre-fire condition.
When it come to your Business, Timing is everything
Water leaks within a business can seep into flooring, carpets, baseboards and walls while moving throughout the structure, potentially creating mildew and staining walls.
Quick action is critical in avoiding costly repairs and expensive downtime. The faster you call SERVPRO of Vincennes, the faster we can get there, and the cheaper it will be for you.
Our SERVPRO of Vincennes team understands that a water damage event can not only disrupt your facility, but it can also interrupt day-to-day business functions- possible closing the business and ultimately affecting your revenues. Our goal is to get in there and take care of your facilities damage as quickly as we can.
Even small fires must be addressed quickly in order to limit secondary damage and to lessen business interruption.
By arriving quickly, mitigating the damage to the structure and contents, and providing effective cleanup and restoration services. SERVPRO of Vincennes will help you reopen the doors as soon as possible.
How Can We Help You After You Have Water in Your Basement?
What happens when you have a water damage in your home?
1. SERVPRO of Vincennes will contact you within one hour to arrange for service.
2. Within four hours, a trained Professional will arrive on-site prepared to begin emergency mitigation services (if necessary).
3. The loss site will be reviewed with you, and your questions and concerns will be addressed. A SERVPRO of Vincennes Professional will:
4. SERVPRO of Vincennes will begin pretesting for restorability. By pretesting, four key questions are answered:
5. The scope of the project will be communicated to you or your adjuster if a claim has been filed. If so, your adjuster will receive a verbal briefing within eight business hours.
6. The structure and contents will be cleaned and restored by SERVPRO of Vincennes professionals.
7. After the work has been completed, a final walk-through will be conducted with you to help ensure your satisfaction
We strive to serve you with the best knowledge and skills that we have.
Do You Have Mold in Your home?
Mold can be extremely scary because it is hard to differentiate between the different types, and it can be extremely dangerous. Mold clean up can be expensive and labor intensive, each and every situation is different and unique in its own way. Which is why you should trust professionals in the field. Mold clean up is not the time to try a DIY project.
Unfortunately only some insurance companies will cover mold clean up.
Here at SERVPRO of Vincennes mold clean up is part of our business, but we also care about you and your family. Let us come look at your mold and give you an estimate. There is a cost for an estimate from one of our SERVPRO professionals however, that estimate fee will be applied to your final bill for the mold remediation. To begin the mold remediation process please look at the following step:
Step 1 : Emergency Contact (SERVPRO of Vincennes 812-895-0581)
Step 2: Inspection and Mold Damage Assessment
Step 3: Mold Containment
Step 4: Air filtration
Step 5: Removing Mold and Mold-Infested Material
Step 6: Cleaning Contents and Belongings
Step 7: Restoration
Flooded Basement? Call on us!
Did you know? We not only clean up after fire damage, we want to clean up your basement or home after water damage too. We are here to serve you.
Did you know? We are Flooded Basement Specialists! We train and prepare our teams to come to your rescue when your basement floods. Coming into your home to get the water out and save your belongings is what we do. We are ready to help you.
- We are Available 24 hours/7 days per week
- We’re a Preferred Vendor to many National Insurance Companies
- We Bill The Insurance Directly – One Less Thing For You To Worry About
- Our Technicians are Highly-Trained in Water Restoration Techniques
- We use s500 IICRC Restoration Standards
- Advanced Inspection and Extraction Equipment
Basement Flooded? Call SERVPRO of Vincennes Today at 812-895-0581 – We’re Ready To Help!
Proudly serving you and your community in Vincennes Indiana, Princeton Indiana, Washington Indiana, Jasper Indiana, Petersburg Indiana, and all surrounding areas!
Basement Flooded? We Can Help Residents in Vincennes Indiana, Jasper Indiana, Washington Indiana, and Princeton Indiana
Most people aren't prepared for their basement to flood. A basement can flood at any time, although flooding most often occurs during heavy rainfall. Basements are inherently prone to flooding because they are the lowest level of a building and are normally built partly or entirely below ground level. There are a number of reasons why your basement could flood, including:
- A blocked or failed sewer lateral pipe
- Heavy rain causes surface water to pool around your home
- Storm sewer backup
- Sanitary sewer backup
- Foundation drainage failure
- Water supply-line break or hot-water tank failure
- And many more
Have Questions about Basement Flooding, give us a call. We are here to answer your questions and be of help to you.
If flood water is not handled quickly and properly, it can jeopardize your health and safety, and cause severe damage to your home’s structure. Remember, the longer you wait, the worse the problem will get.
The bottom line: a flooded basement can jeopardize your health, safety, and your home’s integrity. It’s worth making a call to SERVPRO of Vincennes and let our trained, professional crews handle the situation safely and correctly. We have earned the trust of hundreds of homeowners, business owners, and property professionals.
Mold in Your Basement?
Mold is an extremely serious topic, and we receive many calls regarding mold. Most of our calls are about a basement with mold, crawl space with mold, or a closet with mold. There are ways to help prevent mold. We use these tips at our home and help others to learned these prevention tips too. Our research shows that these suggestions below can help prevent mold from entering your home.
- Humidity levels need to be low, humidity is a breading ground for mold.
- Be sure to use an air conditioner or a dehumidifier during humid months.
- Exhaust fans can help with ventilating your house.
- Mold inhibitors can be added to paints before you use them.
- Do not have carpet in bathrooms.
- If you carpets or upholstery becomes wet, remove them or dry them out if you are able.
At SERVPRO of Vincennes we are here to help you. Call us today at 812-895-0581. We always answer, 24/7/365
Content Source- National Center for Environmental Health