Mold questions? Call SERVPRO of Vincennes
Let SERVPRO of Vincennes help you with your mold problem.
All you have to do is give us a call! We are happy to come out to your home and check it out. Every situation is different, some more serious than others.
Fungi and mold naturally occur in our environment. In fact, over 100,000 kinds of fungi have been identified.
Fungi produce some very useful results. Yeast is a type of fungi used in preparing breads, baked goods and other food products, including some alcoholic beverages. The unique flavor of blue cheese is a result of mold. An edible mushroom is simply a type of fungi, and lifesaving penicillin is a product of mold (Penicillin chrysogenum.
Even though some forms of mold can add value to our lives, other forms can be harmful. Excessive amounts of mold, different types of mold, and/or exposure to molds may present health concerns for some people.
If you think you might have a mold problem, call (812)-895-0581. SERVPRO of Vincennes is trained in mold remediation and will examine the structure for any visible signs of mold.
Are you Prepared for a Tornado?
How much do you know about tornado's? We were surprised how much we didn't know. Check out the information below.
- The average tornado moves southwest to northeast, but tornadoes have been known to move in any direction.
- The average forward speed of a tornado is 30 miles per hour, but may vary from stationary to 70 miles per hour.
- Tornadoes can accompany tropical storms and hurricanes as they move onto land.
- Tornadoes are most frequently reported east of the Rocky Mountains during spring and summer months.
- Tornadoes are most likely to occur between 3:00pm and 9:00pm.
Who will you call with your storm damage needs?
Call SERVPRO of Vincennes today 812-895-0581 for your storm damage needs.
Proudly serving a community near you!
What's Your Plan? We Can Help.
Like most commercial properties, your facility probably has an emergency exit plan in place, with illuminated signs leading occupants to safety, and even facility maps strategically placed to identify alternate routes out of the building. But have you developed a thorough contingency plan? Is the emphasis on the first 24-48 hours, to help you get back in your building as quickly as possible? SERVPRO of Vincennes can provide you assistance in developing an Emergency Response Profile.
As part of a well-thought-out contingency plan, your emergency response profile will contain information you need in the event of an emergency situation occurs.
An added advantage to utilizing SERVPRO of Vincennes in the development of your emergency Response Profile is the opportunity to coordinate a preferred provider relationship. You will know what to expect at your facility before the damage even occurs.
Call SERVPRO of Vincennes, we have your back.
Here is what you can expect when you call SERVPRO of Vincennes:
1. Fast Response…Uniformed technicians will arrive on- site usually within four hours of notification.
2. Convenient Service…With over 1,700 Franchises servicing 48 states, a SERVPRO Franchise is nearby.
3. Damage Containment…Timely response can mean the difference between restoring property and replacing it.
4. Extensive Experience…The SERVPRO franchise system has been a leading provider of fire and water cleanup and restoration for over 40 years.
5. Vast Resources…The SERVPRO franchise system has large loss capabilities and can handle any fire or water damage-no matter how big.
Performance that results from the best people, training and resources in the business.
Call SERVPRO of Vincennes today at 812-895-0581 for your fire or water damage concerns.
SERVPRO of Vincennes proudly serving Vincennes, IN, Washington, IN, Princeton, IN, Bicknell, IN, Freelandville, IN, Odon, IN, Petersburg, IN, Oakland City, IN, Fort Branch, IN, and Haubstadt, IN.
Want to know more about us? Meet our crew at the link below!
State Farm Insurance-Tammy Wilson’s Office
State Farm Insurance
The festive tree and beautiful paint colors make this office so warm and welcoming. As soon as you walk in the door, there are four friendly faces: Tammy, Kim, Tracy, and Jordan. I can always tell that this is a tight-knit office that values family. The late Kelly Jones opened the original office in 2003; he will always be missed. I had the pleasure of sitting down with Kim and Tracy to talk about their office and a few of their favorite things. Kim and Tracy are both busy mothers balancing work life and home life. You can tell they do both very well.
State Farm offers auto, home, life, and health insurance, as well as a full line bank.
What is your favorite music?
Where are you most likely to order lunch from?
“That is so hard because we have debates every day. Bobes or Dots are usually our main two.” –Tracy
What is one of your favorite things about Knox County?
Both Kim and Tracy agreed that the small town atmosphere is what they love the most.
Do you have a favorite festival or event in the area?
“Definitely (Lincoln) homecoming!” –Tracy
As an insurance company, what are you most proud of?
“Customer service.” –Kim
What is one thing that many people don’t know about your office?
“A lot of people don’t know that we have a bank.” -Kim
If you are looking around for insurance, this is definitely an office you want to familiarize yourself with. They are located at:
2801 N 6th St Suite A Vincennes, IN
Let SERVPRO of Vincennes prepare you for a storm
Our mission at SERVPRO of Vincennes is to help you after you and your family face a disaster. But, we also want to give you tips on how to prevent water and storm damage in your home.
It is vital that all household members learn how to shut off the water at the main house valve.
- Before an emergency happens, locate the shut-off valve for the water line that enters your house and label this valve with a tag for easy identification. Make sure all household members know where it is located.
- Make sure this valve can be completely shut off. Your valve may be rusted open or it may only partially close. If so, replace it.
- Cracked lines may pollute the water supply to your house. It is wise to shut off your water until you hear from authorities that it is safe for drinking.
- The effects of gravity may drain the water in your hot water heater and toilet tanks unless you trap it in your house by shutting off the main house valve. (This is not the street valve in the cement box at the curb – the street valve is extremely difficult to turn and requires a special tool.)
All information and tips are from ready.gov
Mold in your home? Call SERVPRO of Vincennes
SERVPRO of Vincennes is happy to give estimates to those living in Vincennes, IN, Washington, IN, Princeton, IN, Bicknell, IN, Freelandville, IN, Odon, IN, Petersburg, IN, Oakland City, IN, Fort Branch, IN, and Haubstadt, IN, and surrounding areas.
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic and float along in the air and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise, the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor and can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
If your home or business has a mold problem, we can inspect and assess your property and use our specialized training, equipment, and expertise to remediate your mold infestation.
Smoke and Soot
SERVPRO of Vincennes is here to explain more about smoke and soot.
First of all, it is very invasive and can penetrate various cavities within your home, causing hidden damage and odor. If you have a fire in your home it might not go all through your home, but the smoke and soot will.
Our team here at SERVPRO of Vincennes knows all there is to know about smoke damage. Our experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Smoke and soot facts:
- Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure.
- Smoke flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
- The type of smoke may greatly affect the restoration process.
Did you Know there are Different Types of Smoke?
There are two different types of smoke–wet and dry. As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of Vincennes will test the soot to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. The cleaning procedures will then be based on the information identified during pretesting. Here is some additional information:
Wet Smoke – Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
Dry Smoke – Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
Protein Fire Residue – Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, each one requires a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
SERVPRO of Vincennes is proudly serving those with smoke and soot damage in Vincennes, IN, Washington, IN, Princeton, IN, Bicknell, IN, Freelandville, IN, Odon, IN, Petersburg, IN, Oakland City, IN, Fort Branch, IN, and Haubstadt, IN.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Call Us Today – 812-895-0581
Are you prepared for a storm? Let us help.
With technology today, we can usually predict when a large storm is going to hit. Here are some helpful tips to prepare you and your loved ones for a storm. Harvey and Irma victims were thankfully give enough time to evacuate. These tips can help large and small storms.
Tune into your local weather radio station, TV channel, or app.
Depending on the type of storm, you must evaluate your situation.
Create an emergency plan.
Prepare an emergency kit. Each kit should include:
Prepare your home.
Make sure your insurance is adequate
Learn how to safely turn off your power, gas, and water
Remove tree branches or other dangers close to your home
Check your roof and gutters clear
After hurricane Harvey and Irma we saw that preparation is key. Water and fuel became items that were not available like they normally would have been. Plan for disasters with your family, and if you ever need help, give SERVPRO of Vincennes a call. We are proudly serving Vincennes, IN, Washington, IN, Princeton, IN, Bicknell, IN, Freelandville, IN, Odon, IN, Petersburg, IN, Oakland City, IN, Fort Branch, IN, and Haubstadt, IN.
Sewage Cleanup and Restoration
Sewer backups should be considered an emergency since the water may contain viruses, bacteria, and other microbes that cause serious illnesses. SERVPRO of Vincennes have specialized training and equipment to quickly and safely clean contaminants like sewage.
Water damage can be classified by the three types of contaminated water. SERVPRO of Vincennes professionals will inspect your home or business to determine the appropriate plan of action for the water encountered.
The three types of contaminated water:
- Category 1: "Clean Water"
- Water from a clean source like a broken water line.
- If left untreated, can degrade into category 2 or 3.
- Category 2: "Gray Water"
- Category 2 water is contaminated and could cause discomfort of illness.
- May contain bacteria and viruses.
- Can quickly degrade into category 3 if left untreated.
- Category 3. "Black Water"
- May contain untreated sewage, harsh chemicals, and microbes.
- Water from flooding rivers or sewer backup.